It's critical for a responsible breeder to weigh their puppies for the first two weeks, three times per day! Some may think it's unnecessary or obsessive, I call it responsible.
Did you know that puppies are born with only a 60% chance of survival in the first two weeks!? It's the breeder's responsible to meet the other 40% and that starts with their weights!
I can catch a "fading puppy" or one that needs more nourishment or attention by weighing them THREE times per day. Many times, mommy doesn't want anyone touching her babies or moving them. So to make this less stressful for all involved, I weigh them in her whelping nest. She can watch the entire time and the little one doesn't feel the sudden movement of being picked up or put down. I weigh them in grams and each day celebrate the success of the weight gain.
If by chance there is a little one that is maintaining or losing weight, I immediately put my strategy of attention and care into action! Every hour making sure the puppy is eating, making liver water recipe (liquid gold to breeders) and making sure it's glucose level, warmth and sustaining life efforts are in place!
Breeding is not for the wearing, it's not 'just for fun' or something you should jump into without learning and being mentored by another responsible breeder! This is why it's critical to find a breeder whom goes the extra effort to care for their puppies!
What are your favorite costumes for you pets? Post pictures and share! Here are a few of the hottest costumes this October 2022!
Healthy Teeth = A Healthy Dog
Poor oral health in dogs may lead to health problems, such as heart disease, periodontal disease and jaw fractures. Follow these six steps to keep your pup’s mouth healthy.
Important note: Never brush your dog’s teeth with human toothpaste, as it usually contains fluoride or xylitol, which are toxic to dogs.
What will you receive when you bring home a puppy from Yorkie and Morkie Boutique?
We put a very thoughtful effort into each puppy package that goes home with our new puppy parents. We lovingly decide what is best for each litter and carefully pick out each item! We also set our parents up for success so you have everything you need when you arrive home!
When you bring a puppy home we provide the following:
We pour our lives into our dogs and your puppy. Everything we do is thoughtful and through experience and educated decisions, we rear our dogs and your puppy in the most natural way possible.
Why Do We Feed Raw?
For the last 20+ years we have embraced and enjoyed the lifestyle of feeding our dogs raw food. Diet is the most important choice you make about your dog's health and kibble food does NOT cut it! Dogs are biologically primed to process raw meat, so they're able to absorb raw nutrients more easily than those found in cooked food. If you have never fed raw and would like to visibly see the amazing benefits, I would challenge you to trying it for 90 days! The results are outstanding! You will see improvement with your pups gut health, improved digestions, smaller and less stinky poopy, balanced energy and stamina. By month two, you will see a strengthened immune system, improved liver, pancreatic and bowel health. You will also see a less hyperactive pup caused by chemicals, flavorings, additives and colorings in their kibble. In their 3rd month, you will find improved skin, bones and teeth! If they suffered from allergies, you will see a reduction in their symptoms. A shinier and healthier skin and coat is one of the best outcomes and of course cleaner teeth and fresher breath! Lastly, you will have better weight control. increased mobility in older pups and fewer trips to the vet! You will thank me!
This is why we feed raw. This is why we encourage you to do the same. As a puppy parent, we will discuss the benefits and I will support you as you continue this journey with us!
If this is something you would like to start immediately with your current pup, please try Maev. This is the exact food that we feed and you will see the instant appreciation! Click this link to generate 20% off (my breeder’s link) and try this amazing diet. I will be here to help you transition and even place the order!
Yorkie and Morkie Boutique has been named one of the BEST Morkie Breeders in the United States (only 9 were chosen in random order)!!! It’s incredible to be named, out of thousands of Morkie breeders), one of the best in the US!
We are humbled by this prestigious recognition and strive to provide the best quality puppies and service!
Come join our reservation list and see why we have been named a BEST MORKIE BREEDER IN THE UNITED STATES!
I started these 60 days ago and LOVE THEM!!!!!! (So do my pups)! Before I recommend ANYTHING I try it first!
As a breeder, I will also start my new puppies on these vitamins!
You can use my code (as you can't purchase unless you are referred by a breeder. https://www.nuvet.com/467809 - ORDER CODE: 467809